Turnip Cauliflower Carrot Pickle is made with several Indian flavorful veggies, such as Turnips (Shalgam), cauliflower, carrots and pumpkin.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups (Cauliflower (Phool gobi) (chopped into tiny pieces)
- 2 cups Carrot (Gajar) (cut into thin slices)
- 2 cups Turnips (Shalgam) (cut into thin rounds)
- 2 cups pumpkin (peeled and chopped)
- 150 gm jaggery (gud)
- 1/2 inch ginger (adrak)
- 15 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
- 4 tbsp ground spices
- 2 tbsp mustard powder
- 3 tbsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 3/4 cup Salt (Namak)
- 3 cups Oil
How to make Turnip, Cauliflower and Carrot pickle :
- Boil good amount of water and put all the vegetables in it.
- Boil the veggies for 15-18 minutes by adding little bit of salt.
- Drain the boiled vegetables and remove the water as much as you can.
- Heat the oil till smoky and then cool for 2 minutes.
- Stir fry the ginger and garlic in hot oil for few seconds.
- Cool the oil very well and then only add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover the vessel with its lid.
- Again put it on the fire and cook till water is fully evaporated.
- Now mix the remaining ingredients along with boiled vegetables and cook on a hot fire till it leaves the oil.
- Cool the pickle very well and then put in the jar.
- Keep the pickle under the sun for next 8 – 10 days and shake it daily.
- You can store this pickle for 5 – 6 months or may be even more.