Aloo Methi Paneer Recipe is made with Potatoes, Fenugreek leaves and Indian cottage cheese. All three vegetables are cooked in rich tomato paste and spices. It is the great recipe to serve as a main course with roti or naan. Here is the delicious Punjabi recipe in easy steps just for you.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 potatoes peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1 cup fresh paneer cubes
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 2 tomatoes thinly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Methi Paneer:
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan, deep fry the cubes of paneer and drain on absorbent paper napkin.
- Now in the same oil deep fry the big pieces of potatoes as well, remove and keep aside.
- Wash and clean the methi leaves thoroughly, squeeze and keep in the sieve to drain whole water.
- Heat the kadhai and add 1 tsp of oil.
- When the oil seems hot then add green chillies and chopped garlic. Saute for few seconds.
- Add onion and stir fry until onion turns tender.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook on low heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add methi and fried potatoes. Also add remaining spices. Mix well.
- Cover with a lid and leave to cook until water of methi leaves evaporated.
- Uncover and add the fried cubes of paneer. Mix well.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot with tandoori roti, chapati or butter naan.
- You may add paneer cubes without frying.
- Add little bit of water, if the dish is too dry.
- Try adding steamed rice in this dish, you will experience amazing methi paneer pulao.
- Squeeze out whole water from the methi to enjoy the sourness free methi recipe.