Karah parshad is one of the most tastiest Indian Prashad Recipe, which can be easily made at home with wheat flour, ghee and sugar. Karah parshad has a religious significance and is offered to all visitors in Gurdwaras. A tastiest Indian Prashad Recipe is loved by all. Here is the proper consistency of all ingredients for making perfect Karah Parshad Recipe.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (gehu ka atta)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 4 green cardamom, well crushed
- Few almonds, finely chopped (optional)
- Few cashew nuts, finely chopped (optional)
How to make Karah Prasad:
- Heat a big frying pan and melt the ghee in it.
- Now add flour and stir continue on low flame for 5 minutes.
- When the flour is little browned, add water and sugar.
- Stir constantly for making lump free Karah Prasad.
- After few minutes, a sweet flavor will be released and Karah Prasad will turns into little reddish brown color, it’s because of melting sugar.
- Stir continuously to avoid the sticking and burning of flour at the bottom of pan.
- Add crushed cardamoms and mix very well.
- Do not stop stirring the prasad till it thickened well and turns into a firm pudding and the mixture leaves the sideof the pan.
- Serve this delicious Punjabi karah prashad hot with puris.
- You may garnish it with chopped almonds and cashew nuts.