Apple Rabdi is the delicious, mouth-watering Indian sweet dish made with apples and flavored with several healthy ingredients.
Preparation time: 18-20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 6-8 persons
- 2 medium size apples (peeled and finely chopped)
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- A pinch of saunf (fennel seeds) crushed
- 1/2 tsp crushed green cardamoms
- 2 tbsp almonds blanched
- 2 tbsp pistachio blanched
How to make Apple Rabdi:
- Boil the milk in a big vessel and simmer until reduced to its half quantity.
- Mix the sugar, crushed fennel seeds and crushed cardamoms.
- Stir constantly and cook for few minutes over medium high heat.
- Add finely chopped apples and mix very well.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame by stirring continuously.
- Finally add blanched almonds and pistachios.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish the apple rabdi with thinly sliced apples.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for few hours and serve chilled.
- Apple Rabdi can be served warm or cold, it is always very delicious and yummy.
- You can garnish this delicious apple rabdi with your favorite dry fruits and nuts.