Shrikhand (Sweet Golden Yogurt) is the sweet delicacy of curd, saffron and cardamom powder. This Gujarati style shrikhand has special place in the menu of sweets recipes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 35 ounces (about 1 kg) fresh thick curd
- 1 cup sugar
- A pinch of saffron strands
- 1 tbsp green cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp warm water
- Few almonds chopped
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts chopped
- 1 tbsp pistachio chopped
How to make Shrikhand:
- Grind the sugar to make a smooth powder and keep aside.
- Hang the curd in a clean muslin cloth and fold tightly to drain the whole water.
- Dissolve the saffron strands in the warm milk and leave for few minutes.
- Combine the hung curd, saffron mixture, sugar and cardamom powder.
- Mix well and give a smooth blend for few seconds.
- Refrigerate the blended mixture for few hours.
- After few hours, garnish the chilled shrikhand with chopped dry fruits.
- Enjoy the yummy Gujarati style shrikhand with paratha, puri or as it is.
- You may use dry fruits of your choice to make the shrikhand more tasty.
- It is very important that curd should be thick enough to make this shrikhand, for that hang the curd in the muslin cloth for few hours until the liquid completely drained off.