Deviled Eggs is the most famous Thanksgiving Appetizer, eggs are simply filled in delicious pumpkin pie and frosted with sugar, cream cheese and vanilla. Some Indians also celebrate this day, hence this special day recipe is just for those Indians.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling
- 2-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- For the frosting you will require:
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3-ounce cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
How to make Deviled Eggs :
- Combine the pumpkin, oil and sugar very well in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and mix thoroughly with pumpkin mixture.
- In another bowl, mix all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually beat the prepared egg mixture into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour the prepared batter into 10/12 greased pan.
- Place the pan in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes at 300 F.
- Check by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean, it means your cake is ready for frosting.
- Cool the cake at a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Till that combine the cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl and beat with the help of electric mixer at a medium speed.
- Beat in sugar until smooth.
- Spread this mixture over the cake and cut the cake into desired pieces.
- Garnish the cake with some cinnamon pieces and give a final touch to it.