Kesar Murg is the Saffron Chicken dish made with the amazing preparation of saffron, cream, cashew nuts and many more flavorful ingredients.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 500 gm chicken (boneless and skinless)
- 4 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 medium size onions paste
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts paste
- 1 tsp saffron dissolved in 1 cup of milk
- 1-1/2 cups sour curd
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 whole cloves
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- A pinch of white pepper powder
- 2 tbsp ghee/oil
- 1 tsp coriander thinly chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup fresh cream to smear the cooked chicken
How to make Kesar Murgh:
- Clean the chicken and cut into medium size chunks.
- Combine the curd, fresh cream, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, onion paste, cashew nuts paste, salt, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Mix very well and add the pieces of chicken.
- Keep this marinated chicken aside for sometime.
- Meanwhile heat the ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook on low flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Add saffron mixture, whole garam masala and remaining seasoning.
- Also add 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Mix and cover the pan.
- Simmer the flame and leave to cook for 6-7 minutes until chicken gets cooked completely.
- Finally smear with more fresh cream and serve hot with roti or naan.
- This is one of the best dish to serve with rice or pulao.
- You may flavor the dish with chopped dry fruits and few kesar (saffron) strands.