Amritsari Murg Makhani is an authentic Punjabi dish, chicken is simply made in the unique amritsari gravy and flavored with fresh cream and pure ghee.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups boneless chicken breast (about 250 gm)
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4 green chillies thinly chopped
- 4 tbsp curd
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 4 tomatoes puree
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp amritsari masala
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Few cashew nuts chopped
- Few almonds chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
How to make Amritsari Murg Makhani:
- Grind the onion and green chillies to make a smooth paste.
- Combine the onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, curd and lemon juice.
- Smear the chicken pieces and keep this marination aside for about 1-1/2 hours.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Add marinated chicken and cook on low flame for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and adjust with the salt and spices.
- Cook until chicken tenders and puree thickens.
- Now add Amritsari masala, fresh cream, cumin powder and honey.
- Mix very well and cook only for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti, naan or rice.
- Sugar can be used instead of honey.
- Ghee can be substituted with oil or butter.