Red Chicken Curry is an easy stir fry curry dish made with chicken, bell pepper and carrot. This is truly an irresistible recipe because of its unique ingredients.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 400 gms chicken
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper thinly chopped
- 1 cup carrot peeled and thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp green chillies paste
- 1/2 tsp red-orange food color.
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds paste
- 1 tsp cashew nuts paste
- 2 tsp tandoori masala powder
- 1-1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Salt to taste
How to make Red Chicken Curry:
- Cut the chicken into medium size chunks.
- Marinade the chicken in the mixture of ginger-garlic, green chillies, food color, paste of sesame seeds and cashew nuts, curry powder, salt and tandoori masala powder.
- Keep aside at least for an hour.
- Melt the ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Add onion along with bell pepper and carrot. Saute for few seconds.
- Add marinade of chicken, mix well and add vinegar.
- Cover the pan and leave to cook for about 30 minutes until chicken tenders and turns into medium thick curry dish.
- Serve hot with roti or rice and accompanied by salad and chutney.
- When the chicken is under cooking, it is very important to check and stir occasionally, so that it will not stuck in the bottom of the pan.
- You can garnish this dish with fresh coriander and mint leaves.