Palak Butter Chicken is an aromatic chicken dish made with the pieces of chicken, spinach and dolloped with the touch of Indian butter. This is one of the best main course dish of Punjabi Cuisine.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500 gms chicken on bone (cut into pieces)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach chopped
- 4-6 green chillies chopped
- 1 inch ginger crushed
- 4-5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup curd
- 1 big onion thinly chopped
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
How to make Palak Butter Chicken:
- Wash the chicken thoroughly in normal running water and keep aside.
- Wash the chopped palak and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add green chillies and crushed ginger and garlic.
- Saute for few seconds and add palak.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook the palak in its own water on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add onion and tomatoes. Mix well with the palak.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes until the onion and tomatoes will start leaving nice color.
- Now add chicken, curd, coriander powder and lemon juice.
- Mix well and cover the pan to cook on low flame for about 8-10 minutes.
- Uncover and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Adjust with the salt, garam masala powder and red chilli powder.
- Wait until few boils come out.
- On the other side melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Pour this melting butter on top of the chicken with palak.
- Serve hot with butter roti or naan.
- If you need more curry in this dish then add more amount of water.
- Use the chopped palak only, do not make the paste of it. It’s because the taste of chopped palak will coat the pieces of chicken, which makes this dish ultimate delicious one.