Indian Chicken Korma is the mouth melting preparation of chicken in rich korma gravy. It is simply a great blend of lots of Indian herbs and spices. Follow the procedure step by step to make the delicious chicken korma recipe.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients required to make Chicken Korma:
- 2 pound chicken (cut into pieces)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 big onions coarsely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 inch ginger piece
- 8 green chillies
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 black pepper corns
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Few mint leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken Korma:
- Combine onion, yogurt, ginger, garlic, green chillies, sesame seeds, cinnamon and cardamoms.
- Blend and make a smooth korma paste.
- Use little bit of water while blending.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the korma paste by adding little bit of salt and refrigerate at least for 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add bay leaf and pepper corns.
- Sir for 2 seconds and add the marinated chicken.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 30 minutes on medium high flame.
- When the chicken is almost done then test it and adjust with salt.
- Also add cumin powder, paprika, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and cover to cook again for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and mint leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
- Vegetable oil or sunflower oil can be used instead of peanut oil.
- You may spread some fresh cream at the time of serving.
- Korma paste is a very important flavor to get restaurant style taste, hence don’t do any compromise with this.
Recommended Recipes for you: