Murg Makkai is one of the best Chicken dish of Punjabi Cuisine, here boneless chicken breast is cooked with corn kernels, flakes of garlic and fresh Indian spices.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 500 gm chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
- 2 cup corn kernels
- 3 tbsp fresh yogurt (dahi)
- 8-10 garlic flakes
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 cup capsicum chopped
- 4-5 tomatoes chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp ghee / oil
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped (for garnishing)
- Salt to taste
How to make Murg Makkai :
- Clean the chicken breast and cut into some square pieces.
- Make the puree of tomatoes and keep aside.
- Boil the corn kernels in 4 cups of water by adding some salt until turns soft.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Melt the ghee in a non-stick pan and stir-fry ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Mix the tomato puree and stir fry on medium high flame.
- Add the pieces of chicken and mix very well over moderate heat.
- After few mixing, add salt and spices by stirring regularly.
- Add yogurt, boiled corn kernels, and capsicum.
- Lower the flame and mix the corns and capsicum with chicken pieces.
- Stir fry until the masala is little thick and chicken pieces are completely cooked.
- Garnish the dish with lots of chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Indian roti or naan.