Chicken is cooked in wholesome flavors unsweetened coconut milk and spices, and then garnished with grated coconut, it really turns into delicious Chicken Coconut Curry. A loving Indian chicken delicacy is here in easy steps.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
- 500 gm boneless and skinless chicken pieces
- 2 -1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashew – nuts
- 1 big onion (thinly sliced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger finely grated
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt To Taste
- 2 tbsp grated coconut to garnish
How to make Chicken with Coconut Milk:
- Bake or roast the cashew nuts until lightly toasted and keep aside.
- Clean the chicken pieces, season with some salt and keep aside.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp of oil in a deep skillet and add chicken pieces.
- Cook over moderate high heat until golden brown from both the sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and reduce the flame.
- Now mix 2 tbsp of more oil and wait until smokes out.
- Add the seeds, curry powder, coriander and remaining ingredients except the coconut milk and cilantro.
- Cook for few seconds and then get back the chicken in the skillet.
- Stir in for 3-4 minutes until fragrant and onions turns soft.
- Keep stirring by gradually adding little amount of water and cook for 6-8 more minutes.
- When the mixture gets dry, add 1/2 cup of more water to avoid the sticking.
- Finally stir in the coconut milk and bring to few boils.
- Reduce the heat to low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro, grated coconut and cashews and serve hot.