Curried Chicken With Rice is a combination of chicken and rice. Chicken is simply cooked in a unique curry, prepared with coconut milk, cornstarch, creamy chicken soup, etc and then mixed with basmati rice. It is a different but truly delicious main course dish.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1-1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1 chicken breast (cut into pieces)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup creamy chicken soup
- 2 tbsp almonds blanched
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1-1/2 tsp fresh butter
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp sherry
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
How to make Curried Chicken with Rice:
- Dilute the cornstarch in 4 tbsp of water and keep aside.
- Melt the ghee in a pan and add rice along with 3 cups of water.
- Spread the pieces of chicken breast and top with the butter.
- Add salt as per taste and spread paprika, sherry, curry powder and blanched almonds.
- Mix well and cover the pan.
- Leave to cook for about 6-7 minutes on low flame.
- Uncover and add creamy chicken soup, chicken stock, coconut milk and cornstarch mixture.
- Stir with turmeric powder and kasuri methi.
- Cover the pan again and leave to cook for about 6 minutes.
- Serve piping hot.
- You can adjust the coconut milk and chicken stock as per curry of your requirement.
- You can garnish this dish with chopped cashew nuts and raisins.
- Oil can be used instead of ghee.