Chicken Chettinad is the special marination of chicken, prepared with curd, flour and spices. This dish has given a touch of South Indian style delicacies by adding coconut paste. Boneless chicken breast is made in special chettinad mixture and served as the sizzling main course recipe.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 3 persons
- 300 gms chicken (boneless) cubes
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 whole coconut
- 1-1/2 tsp thick curd
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1/2 carrot chopped
- 2 tbsp capsicum chopped
- 4-5 green chillies chopped
- 1 big onion thinly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp oil
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Few mint leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken Chettinad:
- Make the small pieces of coconut.
- Blend 3/4th coconut pieces into the smooth paste by gradually adding water and grate the remaining pieces of coconut.
- Combine curd, lemon juice, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and oil.
- Mix well, stir with the flour and coconut paste.
- Wash and clean the pieces of chicken and mix in the mixture.
- Keep this marinated chicken aside for 30-40 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Saute for few seconds and add onion.
- Saute until onion turn golden.
- Add the marinated chicken and stir continue for 4-5 minutes.
- Cover the pan and leave to cook for 6-7 minutes on low flame.
- In between stir once by adding milk and garam masala powder.
- Uncover and add carrot and capsicum and leave to cook for 4-5 more minutes.
- When the chicken is done and tender enough to serve, then garnish with cilantro, mint leaves and grated coconut.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
- You can use oil or ghee instead of butter.
- You can add tomato puree or tomato ketchup after saute onion, for making it more flavorful chettinad dish.
Recommended Recipes for you: