Dry Aloo Gobi Fry is simply made with the potatoes and cauliflower in the flavor of onion and spices. It is a dry dish to be served with the roti, chapati or puri. Though limited spices are used to make this recipe, but it has tremendous taste after cooking. Try and let me know your opinion about this dish.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 big potatoes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 big onion chopped
- 2-3 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp kitchen king
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Dry Aloo Gobi Fry:
- Peel off the skin of potatoes and chop them into small pieces.
- Wash the florets of cauliflower and chopped potatoes thoroughly in lukewarm water, add little bit of salt in the water and soak the veggies for about 5-6 minutes.
- Pat dry the veggies with the kitchen cloth.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add oil.
- As oil heats then add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Saute until crackled.
- Now add green chillies and ginger-garlic paste. Cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add chopped onion and cook until the raw smell of onion starts disappearing.
- Add aloo and cauliflower. Also add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Sprinkle little bit of water all over.
- Cover the pan with the tight lid to cook for about 5-6 minutes on low flame.
- After the given time uncover and check whether the veggies are tender or not. If not then again keep them on dum flame until they are cooked.
- Add the remaining spices. Mix well, cook for one more minute and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot with roti, chapati or bread slice.
- This is a dry dish, you can add tomatoes to make a little gravy.
- You may deep fry the veggies and then cook in the onion and spices.
- If kitchen king is not available, then add garam masala powder.