Makai Na Bharta is the fresh and healthy bharta recipe, simply cooked with fresh corns, tomatoes and spices. It is one of the best Gujarati bharta dish, that makes a perfect meal when served with roti, puri, naan or Indian paratha.
Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 cups fresh corns
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Makai Na Bharta :
- Boil the corn and grind then into a coarse mixture.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Saute for few seconds and then stir in with the chopped onion.
- Fry on medium high flame until onion translucent and turns into little brown.
- Add tomatoes, corn, salt and spices.
- Stir fry for 3-4 minutes over moderate heat until a nice color of bharta comes out.
- After few constant mixing, add 1 cup of water and stir fry for 6-8 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.