Brinjal is also called as eggplant. Brinjal is high in water content and potassium. It is suppose to possess many medicinal properties and is used as a remedy for cancer, hypertension and diabetes. Brinjal can be made in several different ways and here is the most quick, easy and tasty Brinjal Fry recipe.
Prep time: 2
Cook time: 8
Total time: 10
Yield: 4 servings
- 500 gm Brinjal (small)
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp roasted chana dal (bengal gram)
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp cooking oil
How to make Brinjal Fry :
- Wash the brinjal and cut into small round pieces. Heat oil in a pan and stir fry brinjal pieces over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix salt and remaining spices and now cook them on a low heat. Brinjals turns soft very quickly, so no need to stir again and again. Leave to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir it often so that the masala gets mixed evenly.
- Enjoy with Indian pulao or chapati.
- You can cut the brinjals in squares or in slices, remaining procedure is same.
- Some kid’s do not like brinjals, hence Potatoes can be fried with brinjals and flavored with same spices for serving to the kids.