Mushroom Soup is the delightful soup recipe made with mushrooms, celery, butter and cornflour. This is a healthy and light soup, which contains all the essential proteins required for the healthy body.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tbsp black peppercorns crushed
- 1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 1 cup of water
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Mushroom Soup:
- Clean the mushrooms in normal running water and chop into tiny pieces.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and add the pieces of mushrooms.
- Saute on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, celery, salt and crushed black pepper.
- Mix well and bring the mixture to few boils.
- Now add cornflour mixture and stir constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Cook only for 2 more minutes, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
- Add milk if soup consistency looks too thick.
- You may add thinly chopped green chillies to make the soup spicy and flavorful.