Tomato And Coconut Soup is the most famous Goan recipe. A wonderful, smooth and mouth-melting blend of lots of fresh tomatoes and grated coconut. You will love this soup when temper this with some curry leaves.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 big tomatoes
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Few curry leaves (broken in bits)
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable / canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups warm water
- Salt to taste
How to make Tomato and Coconut Soup :
- Chop the tomatoes in big pieces.
- Put them in a blender and blend to make a smooth puree.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and add oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, add curry leaves, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Stir in only for few seconds and add tomato puree.
- Mix the salt as per taste by stirring constantly.
- After 2-3 minutes, add sugar along with the grated coconut.
- Add water and bring the soup to a slow flame by stirring occasionally.
- Take off from heat up and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve yummy.