Drumsticks Flower Cutlets is a unique but very tasty tikki / patty recipe, made with chopped drumsticks, scraped coconut, bengal gram, rice flour and tamarind pulp. These cutlets are the excellent Indian snack dish to serve with drinks as well.
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients required for making Drumsticks Flower Cutlets:
- 4 cups drumstick flowers
- 4 tbsp bengal gram flour (besan / chana dal flour)
- 1 cup scraped coconut
- 4 tbsp rice flour
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 1 tsp tamarind pulp
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp roasted and powdered coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup oil
- Salt to taste
How to make drumsticks flower cutlets :
- Wash the flowers in normal tap water and keep aside.
- Take a big bowl and combine the besan, onion, tamarind, coconut, cumin seeds, powdered coriander seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric and salt to taste.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil and mix well.
- Slightly pressure the mixture by applying little oil in your palms and try to make small and round patties with it.
- Flatten the patties in a cutlet form, should be of approximately 1 cm thickness.
- Roll in rice flour on both sides.
- Heat good amount of oil on a flat tawa / griddle.
- Place the prepared cutlets at a proper distance, so that they should not stick with each other.
- Pour 2-3 tbsp of oil all over.
- Keep the flame low to make crispy cutlets from inside as well as from outside.
- When the cutlets are browned and done, drain them on oil absorbent paper napkin.
- Serve hot with the combination of mint-tamarind chutney.