Kurkuri Bhindi is a delicious and crispy bhindi recipe consists the flavors of gram flour and dry mango powder. It is one of the best bhindi dish to serve either as a snack dish or can be accompanied as a side dish with roti, dal and rice. You can make kurkuri bhindi with the combination of sliced potatoes.
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 400 gm bhindi (ladyfingers/okra)
- 2 tbsp bengal gram flour (besan)
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
How to make Kurkuri Bhindi:
- Wash the bhindi in normal running water and pat dry with clean kitchen napkin.
- Cut into 4 thin pieces into lengthwise.
- Combine the salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and dry mango powder.
- Mix very well and keep aside.
- Heat 1-1/2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan.
- Arrange the bhindi in the pan and spread the prepared spice mixture over the bhindi.
- Also spread gram flour and cumin seeds.
- Again spread 1 tbsp of oil all over and cover the pan.
- Keep the flame low and allow the bhindi to get cooked and kurkuri for 7-8 minutes.
- Uncover and again fry until turns crispy and little browned.
- Serve hot with chapatis or naan.