Vegetable Cutlets are simply made with the delicious blend of vegetables and Indian spices. It is a great snack dish or an appetizer to serve in front of family and friends. Learn to make easy, quick and mouth melting vegetable cutlets, I’m sure you will definitely like to try them in your own kitchen.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 2 medium size potatoes chopped
- Handful green peas
- 1 capsicum chopped
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4 green chillies paste
- 2 tsp maida
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 4 bread slice crumbs
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
How to make Vegetable Cutlets:
- Pressure cook all the vegetables with the little bit of salt for about 4-5 whistles.
- Leave to cool and then mash them in a big bowl.
- Now add all the spices, salt, flours, bread crumbs, paste and cilantro.
- Mix well and add 1 tsp of oil.
- Knead with you fingers to make a smooth cutlet dough.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- Make the small balls and then flatten to make a round shape.
- Deep fry 2-3 at a time until golden brown from both the sides.
- Place the fried cutlets on oil absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
- Serve these cutlets immediately, the delay serving will ruin its taste.
- For making smooth bread crumbs you just need to grind the bread slices.
- Check whether veggies are fully boiled or not, because the unboiled or non-boiled potatoes and vegetables can not be used to make the tasty cutlets.