This delicious snack dish is the most tastiest combination of mint /Pudina, chana dal, cheese and spices. Trust me it is a yummy treat to serve in any occasion or festival.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For making the filling of pudina dal kebab you will require:
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (pudina), fine chopped
- 4 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 cup processed, grated cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
Other Ingredients :
- 3 cups chana dal (split bengal gram) , soaked for 1 hour
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp maida (all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup crumbled bread slices
- Salt to taste
How to make Pudina Dal Kebab :
- Combine all the ingredients of the filling in a bowl and keep aside.
- Boil the soaked bengal gram in enough water for 3-4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- In a big bowl, mash the cooked dal and mix the bread crumbs, chilli powder, dry mango powder, garam masala powder and flour very well.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and salt to taste.
- Knead just like you would do with a patty dough.
- Divide the mixture into small equal sized round or oval shaped balls.
- Flatten each ball and place a portion of the filling in the center, cover and flatten so as to seal tightly.
- You can use some plain flour for proper sealing of the kebabs.
- Heat good amount of oil in a frying pan and deep fry 2-3 kebabs at a time in hot oil, till turns nice and crispy, golden brown from all the sides.
- Drain the delicious, hot kebabs on oil absorbent paper napkin and serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.