Chickpea Masala is a casual side dish, best to serve with drinks or can be accompanied with full fledged Indian meal. Boiled chole / kabuli chana are cooked with the wholesome flavors of fresh lemon juice and Indian spices.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas (kabuli chana / white chick peas / chole)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
How to make Chickpea Masala :
- Heat the oil in the skillet / pan.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds.
- Allow the seeds to splutter and then add ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Saute well by adding boiled chickpeas.
- Stir continue and add chopped tomato.
- Mix salt to taste and season the dish with remaining spices and lemon juice.
- Cook on low flame, until water completely evaporates and chickpeas little dried.
- Garnish with good amount of chopped coriander and serve hot.