Moong Dal Khichdi is the healthy combination of green moong dal and rice. This is one of the most nutritious rice recipe, which is easy in preparation and tastes great. Doctors also advice to eat this khichdi at the time of sickness and stomach related problems.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 cup green moong dal
- Salt as per taste
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
How to make Moong Dal Khichdi:
- Combine rice and dal and wash thoroughly.
- Heat the pressure cooker and add dal and rice along with 2 cups of water.
- Also add salt as per taste.
- Pressure cook the khichdi for 3-4 whistles.
- Uncover and add little amount of water.
- Keep on high flame for few boils.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add curry leaves and cumin and mustard seeds.
- Allow to crackle.
- Pour the crackling seeds into the khichdi.
- Mix well and serve hot.
- You can mix the spices to make moong dal masala khichdi.
- This is the best rice dish to serve at the time of fever and stomach problems.
- You can garnish this khichdi with fresh coriander.
- If you like dry khichdi, then soak its whole water and serve.