Steamed Rice is simply cooked either by steaming or boiling. Steamed rice are very light weight and healthy to eat. You can serve them either with any gravy dish or dal, or you can also use them to make any type of pulao or biryani recipe. They are always preferable. This is one of the most simplest and quickest rice recipes which tastes great in any ways.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 11 minutes
- 1 cup rice (basmati or normal)
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
How to make Steamed Rice:
- Wash the rice thoroughly in running water. Soak them in water at least for an hour. Soaking helps the rice separating easily and you can really see each and every grain while eating.
- Heat 3 cups water in a big vessel or pot, in which you would like to steam the rice.
- Add rice and Stir with the spoon so that floating rice must sink into the water. Add salt as per the taste.
- Leave to cook on high flame. Check the softness of the boiling rice.
- Stir in between at least twice to avoid the lumps. Reduce the flame and cover the pan for last 2 minutes.
- Uncover and serve the tasty steamed rice with yellow moong dal.
- If you feel that rice are cooked, but water is still there then you may transfer the rice in the strainer and drain the remaining water.
- The steamed rice are not necessary to wash as they itself are boiled on the temperature.
- Always remember, the proportion of water should be double that of the rice you want to cook.