Dal Kachori Recipe is extremely delicious chaat or snack dish that can be easily made in the combination of your favorite dal. You just need to add some spices and here it go to rock and roll the homemade yummy dal kachori.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1/2 cup chana dal
- 2 cups wheat flour
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 2-3 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds crushed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Fresh cilantro thinly chopped
- Few mint leaves thinly chopped
- Oil for frying
How to make Khasta Dal Kachori:
- Soak the urad dal overnight in sufficient amount of water.
- Next morning grind the soaked dal by adding little amount of water.
- Soak chana dal for few hours and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Combine the paste of both the dals and add salt, green chillies, red chilli powder, carom seeds, coriander seeds, thinly chopped cilantro and mint leaves.
- Mix very well and add 1 tsp of oil, make a soft stuffing and keep aside.
- Take the flour in a big bowl, add salt, asafoetida and 2 tbsp of oil.
- Gradually add water to make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with damp muslin cloth and leave to rest at least for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough and the stuffing into 20 equal portions.
- Take one portion of the dough, smear with little bit of oil, flatten and roll out into 2-1/2 inch round.
- In the same way make all the rounds from the balls of dough.
- Put the spoonful of the stuffing on each prepared round and wrap from all the sides.
- Again roll into an appx. 3 inch round, you may use the flour to dust and for making the proper rounds.
- Heat sufficient amount of oil in a deep shaped pan.
- Carefully dip each rolled out kachori into hot oil and fry until turns into nice golden in color.
- With the help of slotted spatula pour the hot oil over the fried kachori to puff up.
- Fry the kachori from both the sides until turns into golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with green chutney and tamarind chutney.
- Sometimes chana dal creates the problem of acidity, hence yellow moong dal can be used.
- It is important to keep the oil very hot to make these delicious dal kachoris.