If you have ever been in Mumbai, you must have tasted a delicious Grilled Bombay Sandwich, that is available in every street of Bombay. A healthy sandwich is simply made with lots of salad ingredients and taste can be enhanced with the application of butter and green chutney. A best and all time hit serving sandwich is more delicious when to put tomato ketchup on it.
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 white bread slices
- 1 cucumber (peeled and sliced)
- 1 onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1 big tomato (sliced)
- 1 boiled beet root (peeled and sliced)
- 1 boiled potato (peeled and sliced)
- 4 tbsp homemade green chutney
- 4 tsp butter
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp zero size sev
- Chaat masala to taste
- Salt to taste
- Grated Cheese (optional)
How to make Bombay Sandwich with Green chutney:
- Please carefully read the ingredients and method of making my green chutney recipe.
- First of all, trim the edges of all bread slices and spread butter with lighter hand on all bread slices.
- Also apply green chutney all over on 8 bread slices
- Now take only 4 bread slices for making 4 sandwiches.
- Arrange few slices of cucumber and sprinkle some chaat masala over it.
- Arrange 1-2 slices of onion, beet root, potato and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle chaat masala after arranging each and every vegetable on bread slices.
- Finally just before covering the sandwich with another buttery bread slice, sprinkle some salt and chaat masala powder.
- Place the other slice of bread with the buttered side facing downward.
- Cut the sandwich into 4-6 pieces and sprinkle sev over it.
- You can eat this sandwich as it is or toast or grill them in a griller or in a toast maker.
- Make sure, sprinkle the sev just before serving only. Else the sandwich becomes soggy.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese all over and Serve immediately to get a real taste of Bombay Sandwich.
- While serving, either spread some ketchup on top of the sandwich or you can serve it with ketchup and green chutney.