Banana Chips are crunchy snack made from raw bananas. Banana chips are also very famous among kids. Here bananas are simply sliced and deep fried in hot oil, turned crispy and very fresh more than the one which are available outside.
Let me show you how to make Banana chips.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 kg raw bananas
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Oil for deep frying
How to make Banana Chips :
- Peel the bananas and put them in a good amount of salted iced water.
- Slice the bananas with a chip slicer into water and add turmeric.
- Keep in water itself for about 15 minutes and then drain them completely.
- Spread out on a kitchen cloth to take off moisture.
- Heat good amount of oil in a big non-stick pan and wait until smoky.
- Fry banana slices in one or two layers and flip time to time to avoid burning.
- Remove the chips out with slotted spoon from hot oil.
- Drain on paper napkin.
- Sprinkle some salt just before serving.
- Enjoy fresh and homemade banana chips.
- You can add more spices or masala’s to twist its taste.
- Cook them on medium heat to prevent chips from burning.
- Try these chips with Banana Chutney and Banana Lasi for enhanced flavor.
- You can also cover banana chips with sugar or honey to get different taste.
- Banana Chip at wikipedia
- Do you know Kerala State is the Number one state in Banana Chips production?
- Banana Chips are part of lunch menu in Kerala meal called sadya served on festivals like Onam or events such as weeding and birth day parties.