Kacche Kele (Raw Banana) Ki Chaat is a mouth-watering snack dish made with raw bananas and scraped coconut. This is one of the most tempting vrat (fasting) recipe in India.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 6 raw bananas (katche kele)
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp sweet sauce/chutney
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut scraped
- Oil for frying
How to make Kachhe Kele Ki Chaat:
- Peel the bananas and cut into thin strips.
- Keep them in warm water for about 30 minutes.
- Take out the banana strips from the warm water and apply little bit of salt all over.
- Again set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat sufficient amount of oil in a pan and deep fry the banana strips until turns into nice golden brown in color.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper and allow to cool.
- Mix the sweet chutney, chaat masala, black pepper powder and coriander leaves very well into the fried banana strips.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a saucepan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Allow to splutter and pour over the cooked banana.
- Also spread some scraped coconut all over.
- Serve immediately with chutney and papdi.
- If you do not want to deep fry the bananas then you can either bake them in the oven or shallow fry on hot griddle.
- This is the best chaat to eat in fasting, that provides enough energy to the body throughout the day.