Aloo bhujia Recipe / Potato Sev is one of the crunchiest Indian Snack Dish, made with potatoes, besan and spices. A healthy, homemade Aloo Bhujia has a unique taste compare to all other Namkeens. I most often make it at home and my whole family enjoy it with evening tea. This spicy aloo dish is made quickly and relished with lemon juice and chaat masala.
Today I have added fried cashew nuts and peanut in my aloo bhujia and it really turned out very well. Without wasting much time, let’s quickly see how to make this easy and quick snack dish of Aloo bhujia at home.
How to make Aloo Bhujia Recipe:
Aloo bhujia Recipe / Potato Sev is one of the crunchiest Indian Snack Dish, made with potatoes, besan and spices. Aloo Bhujia is also known as Potato Sev or Aloo Ki Bhujia.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1/10 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or as per your taste
- 3/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 tsp cashew nuts (blanched)
- 1 tsp peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Pressure cook the potatoes for 4 whistles, till turns soft.
- Roast or fry the peanuts and cashew nuts in little oil and keep aside.
- Peel the skin of boiled potatoes and nicely mash them without any lumps.
- Take a big bowl and combine mashed potatoes, besan, lemon juice, salt, chaat masala, asafoetida and garam masala powder.
- Add little oil and knead into a pliable dough. AT this moment, the mixture will be little sticky, but that’s okay.
- Heat good amount of oil in a frying pan. Now carefully put the dough inside the murukku presser, and start squeezing in hot oil.
- Aloo Bhujia gets cooked very fast, so keep stirring and take it out as soon as it is done.
- The sizzle sound will subside once it is cooked and little browned. Be careful not to get it too brown.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Drain aloo bhujia on the paper napkins and then quickly toss with fried cashew nuts and peanuts.
- Homemade Aloo Bhujia are ready to serve.
These homemade Aloo Bhujia are healthy and tasty. Store them in an air tight container.
You can keep them for 5-6 days and enjoy with your evening tea.
Tasty Indian Recipes
You may also like Moong Dal Chakli and Crispy Murukku.