Mongolian Paneer is the special preparation of cottage cheese tossed in sweet chilli sauce and flavored with chilli flakes and peanut powder. This paneer serving is a tasty, quick and healthy Chinese starter. The ingredients are easily available. But if you are not able to gather them then substitutes are also available.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 7-8 minutes
Servings: 3-4 persons
- 200 gms cottage cheese (paneer) cubes or triangles
- 4 baby corns (each cut into 4 slices)
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- 1 small onion cut into slices
- 8 green chillies cut into slices
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes (store bought)
- 1 tsp peanut powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt to taste
How to make Mongolian Paneer:
- Melt the butter in a pan and add green chillies along with the garlic.
- Fry for few seconds.
- Add carrot, onion, baby corns and salt.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Now mix sweet chilli sauce and pepper powder.
- Stir for some time without stopping.
- Simmer the gas and add 1 cup of water.
- Cook until all veggies become tender.
- Add paneer and hoisin sauce. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Finally add peanut powder and red chilli flakes.
- Serve hot as it is.
- You can deep fry the pieces of paneer.
- If you do not get red chilli flakes then use dried red chillies, crush them and sprinkle on the dish. Dried red chillies are easily available every where.