Here Paneer Balls are cooked in homemade barbeque sauce, which makes this recipe ideal to impress your guests. Indian Cottage Cheese (paneer) gets a different texture and color when is to be cooked with Chinese hot sauces and Indian veggies. Cooking Paneer in Barbeque Sauce is really a different way to enjoy Indo Chinese Snacks.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 250 gms cottage cheese (paneer) mashed or grated
- 6-7 tbsp maida (plain flour)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (preferably refrigerated bread)
- 4-5 green chillies chopped
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes pureed
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 8-10 dried red chillies paste
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (bottled one available in market)
- Salt to taste
- spring onion green part chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- Oil for deep fry
How to make Paneer in Barbeque Sauce:
- In a mixing bowl add mashed paneer, bread crumbs, maida, green chillies, salt, baking soda and white pepper powder, mix well.
- Make small balls and deep fry in sufficient oil.
- Keep aside on tissue papers.
- Now heat up a pan, add butter, ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onion and cook well in the paste.
- Add tomato puree, salt, red chilli paste, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and tomato ketchup, cook for 5-6 minutes on low flame.
- Stir continuously, add lime juice and fried paneer balls.
- Add spring onions, mix well.
- Switch off the gas when 2-3 boils will come and serve hot.
- You can use ready to eat barbeque sauce, which is available in the stores.
- Brown sugar can be used instead of normal sugar, the taste will be same.
- Do not overcook paneer balls, as they may tend to break easily.
- You can use this home made barbeque sauce to make various other recipes of mushrooms, baby corns, etc.