Gobi Manchurian is the mouth melting blend of fried cauliflower florets, which later seasoned with spices and sauces to make the delicious Chinese starter or a side dish.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 medium onion thinly chopped
- 1 cup green spring onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp ajinomoto
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups oil
How to make Gobi Manchurian:
- Combine maida, cornflour, salt and pepper powder.
- Add little bit of water and make a smooth paste.
- Keep a non-stick pan on high heat and add sufficient oil.
- Coat the florets of cauliflower in the paste and deep fry few at a time in hot oil.
- Stir and make little golden brown florets and remove on oil absorbent paper.
- Heat another pan and heat 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add green chillies and ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute for few seconds and add chopped onion.
- Stir with the salt, ajinomoto, ketchup and sauces.
- Mix well and add fried gobi.
- Cook on medium high flame by stirring occasionally.
- Finally stir with vinegar and green spring onions.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve gobi manchurian piping hot to enjoy real Chinese dish, else it will become mushy and tasteless.
- You can add chopped carrot, french beans, celery and parsley for adding more flavors in the recipe.
- Gobi manchurian is delicious to serve with Chinese fried rice.
Recommended Recipes for you: