Peppy Paneer is the spicy and tangy Indo Chinese starter dish, made with Indian cottage cheese and vegetables and then flavored with delicious Chinese sauces. It is a great starter or appetizer which can be eaten as it is or with the fried rice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 300 gms paneer cubes
- 1 green bell pepper slices
- 1/2 cup spring onions white
- 1 cup spring onions green
- 1 cup broccoli blanched
- 1/2 carrot sliced
- Few black olives
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 2 green chillies sliced
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 juice of fresh lemon
- 2 tsp vegetable/olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Peppy Paneer:
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Add all the vegetables one by one and saute for few seconds except green onions.
- Now add salt, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Mix well and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Stir with the sauces, ketchup,white and black pepper powder.
- Leave for 1 minute on low flame.
- Now add cubes of paneer, also drizzle lemon juice.
- Toss very carefully and coat the paneer into all veggies and spices.
- Check the taste and adjust the salt and spices.
- Now add green onions, mix well. Cook for one more minute and serve hot.
- If you do not get broccoli then add cauliflower florets.
- White spring onions can be substituted with normal onion.
- If you do not have green spring onions then garnish with the parsley, celery or cilantro.
- To make this dish more thick in consistency you may add little bit of cornflour.