Bread Walnut Ice-cream is a yummy and creamy dessert recipe made with walnuts, breadcrumbs and unique healthy ingredients. The ice-cream has vanilla extract and low fat substitutes which makes it ultimately delicious low calorie ice-cream recipe.
Preparation Time: 3-4 minutes.
Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes.
- 2 cups cornflour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp low fat cream
- 1-1/2 cups low fat milk
- 4 bread slices (brown or white)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp walnuts blanched
- 1 tbsp low fat mawa
How to make Bread Walnut Ice-cream:
- Grind the bread slices into a medium thick powder form and keep aside.
- Heat a big vessel and add milk, cornflour and sugar.
- Stir continuously until it starts boiling and allow to thicken enough.
- Switch off the gas and leave the mixture to cool.
- Now add bread crumbs, vanilla extract, cream and mawa.
- Mix well and shift this mixture into a deep shaped bowl.
- Cover the bowl and keep in the freezer until it sets, it will take about 4-5 hours.
- When the mixer is ready then mix the blanched walnuts and again keep in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- At the time of serving, arrange the scoop of ice cream in individual bowl and serve chilled.
- Because of low fat ingredients, this recipe consists low calories, hence good and healthy to serve.
- You can add sweetener instead of sugar.
- You may chop the walnuts and then mix in the ice cream.