Black Currant Ice-cream is a rich textured low calorie ice cream, blended with delicious and healthy black currant and low fat milk. It is one of the most easiest and flavorful ice cream recipe which is best to enjoy in this summer season.
Preparation Time: 12-15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 2 cups black currant chopped
- 3 cups low fat milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- A pinch of salt
How to make Black Currant Ice Cream:
- Heat a vessel and add milk along with cornflour.
- Mix well and bring the mixture to few boils.
- Stir continuously and break the lumps if so.
- Add salt and sugar, simmer the flame and stir unit thickens.
- Add chopped black currant and mix very well.
- After few boils, turn the gas off and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- When the mixture is cool then blend it to make a smooth form of ice cream.
- Place in air tight container and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- When the ice cream is completely set then garnish it with few chopped black currant and serve chilled.
- Sweetener can be used instead of sugar.
- At the time of stirring, taste the ice cream to adjust the sweetness as per your requirement.