Delicious and Crispy dosa is simply impossible without making a good dosa batter. Here are the easy steps to make the perfect South Indian Dosa batter, which can be used for making any type of dosa.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Soaking time: overnight
Cooking time: nil
- 2 cups normal rice
- 1/2 cup urad dal (Split Black Lentils)
- A pinch of soda bicarbonate
- Salt to taste
How to make Dosa Batter:
- Soak the rice and dal separately for overnight.
- Next morning grind them individually to make a smooth paste and then combine both the batters in a bowl.
- Add little amount of water at the time of grinding.
- Add salt as per the taste, also add soda.
- Mix well and use to make any type of dosa you want.
- You can refrigerate this dosa batter for 3 days.
- The consistency of dosa batter should be thick, so adjust water accordingly at the time of grinding.
- If the batter is too thick at the time of making dosa, then you may add water.
- You can make variety of South Indian Recipes with this batter such as:
Masala Dosa Recipe
Vegetable Uttapam Recipe
Mysore Masala Dosa Recipe
Paneer Chilli Dosa, etc.