Sugar is also known as chini, sakhar or shakkar. Sugar is main content to bring the sweetness in everyone’s life. Sugar is a crystalline, that is a white sweetener that technically is a carbohydrate and is known as sucrose. Generally sugar is made from sugar beets and sugarcane. It also appears in fruits, honey, sorghum, maple syrup and many more such things.
Sugar is a type of carbohydrate made by plants. It is a class of edible crystalline substances that includes sucrose, lactose and fructose. Common table sugar (sucrose) is made from sugar beets or sugar cane. Sugar also comes from the maple tree, sorghum plant, and certain palms, such as wild date palms.
Sugar has many properties which are essential to the structure, texture and appearance of many recipes and baked food items. Sugar is easily available in the market. You can get the packaged sugar and sugar in bulk bins. Whether buying sugar packed or from bulk, one must need to check its freshness, color and fragrance. Sugar must be of pure white color and free from any blemishes and insect damages. The free movement and dry granules of the sugar is considered as the best one for its quality and freshness.
- Sugar is to be used for making each and every type of sweet dish and dessert.
- Sugar is to be dissolved in water to make sugar or maple syrup, that is flavored with fruit pulps or the artificial essence, etc.
- Sugar molecule is one of those substances, that can hold water by contributing to a weight gain from water retention.
- A morning cup of tea, milk or coffee is incomplete without sugar.
- Sugar is the only reason to deliver a primary taste sensation of sweetness.
- Sugar plays a vital role while making several types of chocolates, candies and bars.
- Sugar is the source of coloring while making several sauces and ketchup.
- Sugar is incredibly used to bake variety of food items for yeast growth, it also gives a nice golden color to the crusts.
- Sugar adds mass in soft drinks.
- A pinch of sugar is enough to give suitable flavors to vegetables like potatoes, carrots, corns, etc.
- Sugar is an essential ingredient for seasoning the recipes.
- Sugar is an active ingredient for making variety of puffy and delicious cakes and muffins.
- Sugar helps to prevent the lumping and clumping of the mixtures and batters.
- Sugar has unique quality or property that helps in producing the desired browning and crisping of the food items.
- Sugar must be stored in air tight container at a cool, dry and dark place.
- It has a very long shelf life, hence must be kept tightly capped.
- It can be stored up to 1 year.
- Sugar must be kept away from moisture and humidity, as they cause the clumps and sticky sugar granules.
- Although sugar provides energy to the human body, but it has been the main cause of many problems such as dental deterioration – cavities in teeth, bleeding gums, failure of bone structure, loss of teeth and many more.
- Sugar is the main reason of diabetes, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
- It can be a contributory cause of heart disease, arteriosclerosis, mental illness, depression, senility,hypertension and cancer.
- Sugar increased the chronic fatigue, PMC symptoms and the hyperactivity in most of the children.
- Sugar is the main reason of anxiety and irritability.
- Sugar has a number of other extremely damaging effects on the human body. Hence it must be consumed less and in minimal proportion.
- You can observe around, almost every food item contains sugar, hence if it is not possible to ignore them fully, then we can at least have control on eating the sweet items.
- A pinch of sugar after a hot curry or any recipe can give the furnace in your mouth.
- Sugar has number of antibiotic properties, that can be used to heal the wounds and injuries.
- Keeping little bit of sugar on the tongue is a traditional way for hiccups.