Phool Makhana or Makhana Phool is a common food item, it is also known as foxnut, makhana or gorgon plant. Basically phool makhana belongs to a family called ‘lilly’. Lillly is a flowering plant, that produces starchy white seeds and those seeds are purely edible. This plant is generally cultivated in low land areas of Indian, china and Japan.
These countries have been cultivating this plant since many years to get the seeds. This plant is very well ready in its locations with dry and hot summers and even in cold winters. These seeds can be eaten raw, boiled or cooked in Indian cuisine.
Seeds are collected in late summers and before autumn. These seeds are commonly used as fried or roasted, they get popped up like popcorn. Popcorn seeds of makhana are highly used to make several variations while using for sweets and other recipes. It contains, 0.9% phosphorus, 12.8% moisture, 0.1% fat, 76% carbohydrates and 0.5% total minerals.
Phool Makhana is easily available in the market. You can get the several branded packets of phool Makhana. Before
buying any packet, carefully check the dates, also check out that product turnover of the store is good enough to
purchase any food item.
- The seeds of phool makhana are commonly used to make delicious popcorn, in which you can add flavor of your choice like honey, butter, salt, etc.
- Phool Makhana is a tremendous curry recipe made by the flower.
- It is a very popular food during the fasting.
- Snacks made with this are extremely healthy, light and digestible.
- Mix little bit of oil and spices to enjoy the yummy, time pass snacks.
- ‘Makhane ki kheer’ is the most popular kheer or pudding made in ‘Mithila culture’ of Bihar, India, they use it in the cooking during the festivals and offers to the Lord with love and respect.
- Phool Makhana has a very good shelf life, you can store them in air tight container for many months.
- Keep them away from the moisture and direct sun light.
- The seeds of makhana are highly used in Ayurvedic preparations.
- It helps in increasing the quality and quantity of semen, also prevents the premature ejaculation, increases the libido and also helps in female infertility.
- Herbs of phool makhana are considered worth in vajikarnana therapy.
- Seeds contains aphrodisiac properties,.
- Makhana helps in Cardiac Protection and builds the action in dysentery and frequent urination.
- Makhana is an anti-oxidant food item.
- It can be easily digested by all the age groups.
- Phool makhana has astringent property, hence it gives relief from diarrhea and helps to improve the appetite.
- Merely 25 to 30 grams phool makhana is considered as a healthy food/diet for the whole family.
- Makhana helps in regulating the blood pressure, it also relieves from numbness and aching near waist and knees.
- This food item is extremely suitable for arthritis, impotence and premature aging .
- Phool makhana is sweet to neutral in nature. Therefore, helps to detoxify the spleen, reinforce the kidneys and nourish the blood.
- It is also used for treating the insomnia, palpitations and irritability.
- Phool makhana is highly recommended for the women during pregnancy and post natal weaknesses.