Shrimp Teriyaki is the unique combination of deveined shrimp and bacon. It is the most juicy and soft shrimp recipe flavored with water chestnuts.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Servings: 6 persons
- 20 jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce (store-bought)
- 500 gm bacon
- 200 ml canned water chestnuts
- 20 toothpicks
- A dash of pepper powder
- 1/2 tbs lime juice
- A pinch of salt
How to make Shrimp Teriyaki:
- Chop the water chestnuts into thin slices and keep aside.
- Combine the shrimp, salt, teriyaki sauce and lemon juice.
- Mix very well and cover the bowl with a plastic wrap.
- Keep the marinated shrimp in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees and adjust the oven rack to the middle setting.
- Cut the bacon into thick strips and arrange on the chopping board.
- Carefully place the shrimp mixture over the half side of the bacon, put few slices of water chestnuts and sprinkle some pepper powder.
- cover with the other side and make a roll, use a toothpick to fold it.
- Place the rolls at a distance of appx. 1 inch onto a broiler pan.
- Broil the Shrimp Teriyaki for 6-7 minutes until the shrimp looks pink in color and the bacon gets cooked.
- Drain on the individual serving plates and pour some sauce over all.
- Serve piping hot.
- Shrimp Teriyaki can be served over the bed of steamed rice and grilled vegetables.
- You can make this delicious and juicy shrimp recipe on the skillet with little amount of oil or margarine.