Meat Stuffed Egg is a delicious evening snack dish, here fine rolls are stuffed with good amount of minced meat, eggs and spices.
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 large eggs (hard boiled)
- 1/2 cup cooked ground / minced meat
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 3-4 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp corn flour / corn starch
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp oil / ghee
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 lemon juice
- breadcrumbs for coating
- 8-10 pieces of liver (fried) for garnishing
- Oil for deep-frying
- Salt To Taste
How to make Stuffed Egg :
- Heat the oil / ghee in a frying pan and add fry onions until translucent.
- Add minced meat and season with salt, chili, coriander, ginger, tomato paste and lemon juice.
- Stir fry for 4-5 minutes on moderate heat.
- peel the shell of eggs and and cut them into half lengthways.
- Take out the yolks and mix with the frying mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes and remove from the flame.
- Allow the mixture to cool aside.
- Now stir the corn flour into the beaten egg by making a thick consistency batter.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl and spread evenly.
- Fill the meat mixture into the yolk cavity ( hole from where yolk is separated) of each egg half, cover with another half to make complete egg shapes.
- Dip the stuffed egg into the egg and corn flour batter and roll over the breadcrumbs.
- Heat good amount of oil in a deep-frying pan and fry the stuffed eggs until golden all over.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper.
- Serve garnished with fried liver, coriander leaves, asides with green chutney or tomato sauce.