Urad dal ke pakode is a tasty pakoda recipe made with urad dal and spices. It is a delicious snack or breakfast recipe accompanied with tomato sauce or green chutney. It is the one of the most easy and quick snack recipes. Urad dal pakode are irresistible because of its crispiness and divine taste.
Preparation time: 10-12 hours
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups urad dal
- 1/2 tsp jeera crushed
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 4-5 black peppercorns crushed
- A pinch of baking soda or powder
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
How to make Urad dal ke Pakode:
- Wash and Soak urad dal overnight.
- Next morning strain the water and grind into a fine paste.
- Add salt, baking soda, green chilli, chopped coriander, crushed jeera and peppercorns. Mix well.
- Make small balls and deep fry in hot oil.
- Serve with coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
- A ground batter of urad dal can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Add the spices and soda at the time of deep frying only.
- Do not keep batter for more than 15 minutes after adding soda, else it will become soft and would be difficult to give a round shape.