Lachha Paratha is made with whole wheat flour, salt and ghee. It is the best option to serve with any gravy dish or raita of your choice.
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 4-5 minutes
Servings: 6-8 paratha
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Salt as per taste
- 2 cups ghee
- 1-1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- Warm Water to knead the dough
How to make Lachha Paratha:
- Combine the dough, oil and salt in a big bowl.
- Use little amount of warm water and knead the dough.
- Make sure the dough should be medium soft, hence gradually use warm water.
- Cover the dough with damp cheese or muslin cloth and keep aside for an hour.
- Melt the ghee in a sauce pan and keep aside.
- After an hour, divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Take a small portion on dry and clean surface, roll out with rolling pin and make small circle of about 4-5 ” in diameter.
- Use dry flour if required for making a round circle.
- Spread a tbsp of ghee overall on the rolled out roti.
- Take a knife and cut the roti vertically and make about 6-7 portions.
- Fold each portion inwards.
- Press lightly towards the center of the roti and roll like a paratha.
- Preheat the tawa, drizzle some oil and place the paratha.
- Turn and cook from the other side as well.
- Spread oil or butter on both the sides and shallow fry on low heat until golden brown in color.
- Serve immediately.
- Oil can be used instead of ghee.
- If you like spices then you may add thinly chopped green chillies to make spicy lachha paratha.
- It is very important to keep the heat lower, so that paratha gets cooked properly.