Paneer Bell Pepper is a delicious side dish recipe, here paneer is cooked in various bell peppers and the choice of spices. This recipe is full of flavors and colors. Although this recipe does not take much time to cook but tastes great. Very few restaurants serve this dish. It is ideal recipe to serve and to impress the guests. So gather the different types of bell peppers and try to make this recipe with left over paneer.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-23 minutes
Servings: 4 persons
- 2 bowls of paneer (cut in cubes or triangles)
- 1 green bell pepper cut into slices or strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into slices
- 4 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 8-10 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion cut into slices
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 4 green cardamoms crushed
- 6-7 black peppercorns crushed
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
- Salt to taste
How to make Paneer Bell Pepper:
- Heat a wok and add olive oil.
- Add green chillies and minced ginger-garlic.
- Saute and add crushed cardamoms.
- Combine the slices of onion, tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Add salt and red chilli powder. Mix well and saute until fragrant.
- Add cornflour and 1 cup of water and cook until the gravy become dry and thick.
- Add the cubes of paneer and coat with all the veggies.
- Add crushed peppercorns, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Cook for one more minute.
- Garnish the fresh cilantro while serving in the bowl.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and enjoy with hot tandoori roti.
- You can add shredded carrot and vegetables of your choice, but bell peppers are necessary to add.
- For making this recipe you may use fried paneer as well.