Paneer Achari Masala is a delicious versatile recipe cooked with paneer and hot and tangy achari masala. It is the famous recipe of North Indian Cuisine. Indian Cottage Cheese (paneer) is high in protein and this recipe is really healthy and flavorful to serve in any occasion or party. It can be served dry as an appetizer and in the gravy as a main course dish. Learn to make Paneer Achari Masala in tomato based gravy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 300 gm cottage cheese (paneer) cubes
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1/2 green capsicum sliced
- 1/2 yellow capsicum sliced
- 1/2 carrot thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp red chilli paste
- 4 tomatoes puree
- 1/4 tsp kastoori methi
- 1/2 tsp mango pickle (chopped)
- 2 tsp curd
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp jeera powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
How to make Paneer Achari Masala:
- In a heating pan add oil or butter.
- Add mustard seeds and bay leaves.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, saute well.
- Add sliced green, yellow capsicum and carrot.
- Cook on low flame for 4 minutes.
- Add red chilli paste and tomato puree.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and jeera powder.
- Stir and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Add mango pickle, curd and 1 cup of water, mix well.
- Cook until gravy looks medium thick.
- Mix the cubes of paneer and add garam masala powder.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally crumble some kasuri methi on top of the paneer and gravy.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with jeera rice or naan.
- You can use fried paneer as well.
- Curd is an optional ingredient in this recipe.