Makai Paneer ki Bhurji is a distinct preparation of scrambled cottage cheese with tendered corn kernels. The combination of paneer and corns is really a unique one when is to be imagined. This bhurji is easy to prepare and great in taste. It is one of the traditional healthy recipes which serves the good amount of protein and fiber.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 persons
- 250 gms cottage cheese (paneer)
- 200 gms corn kernels (boiled)
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Makai Paneer Ki Bhurji:
- Heat the oil in a pan, add curry leaves and cumin seeds.
- When they start crackling then add bay leaf and peppercorns. Stir for few seconds.
- Add green chillies, ginger and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes on very low heat.
- Add chopped onion and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook until tomatoes become tender and thick.
- Add crushed cardamom and grate the paneer in the gravy also add boiled corns.
- Add coriander powder and garam masala powder.
- Mix well and cover the pan.
- Leave to cook on simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime melt the butter in a saucepan and pour over the paneer and corns.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with naan or roti.
- Always boil the sweet corns before adding in the dish to make it more tasty.
- You can make Franky with this veggie.