Paneer Pasanada is a rich and aromatic paneer recipe cooked in flavors of sesame seeds, garlic, milk, cream and kasuri methi. A dollop of butter makes wonders in this dish. Learn to make easy and tasty paneer pasanda and make your meal a remembrance one.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 4 cups Indian cottage cheese (paneer)
- 2 onions thinly chopped
- 4 tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 inch ginger
- 3-4 green chillies
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp mint leaves thinly chopped
- 1 tsp dried kasuri methi
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Oil to shallow fry
How to make Paneer Pasanda:
- Cut the paneer in cubes, shallow fry in hot oil and keep aside.
- Combine tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chillies and sesame seeds.
- Grind together and make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Melt the ghee in a kadhai and add thinly chopped onion along with curry leaves.
- Fry until onion translucent.
- Now add tomato paste, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook on medium high heat until paste thickens and oil starts touching the bottom of the pan.
- Add fried paneer and stir gently for few seconds.
- Keep the flame low and stir the gravy with coriander powder, garam masala powder and lemon juice.
- Mix well and add milk.
- Leave to cook for about 3-4 minutes until it starts boiling.
- Finally stir with fresh cream, kasuri methi, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Mix very gently and dollop with a tsp of butter.
- Serve hot with tandoori roti or naan.
- You may use oil instead of ghee.
- Paneer cubes can be used without shallow frying.
- Paneer Pasanda is generally cooked in medium thick gravy, hence you may use milk as per your requirement and make the consistency of your choice.
- Adjust the spices as per your taste and preference.