Hyderabadi Paneer is a rich and nawabi preparation of cottage cheese in the spices and cream. It is a typical style hyderabadi recipe flavored with hyderabadi masala and fresh cream. Here I have not used much vegetables, but you can add veggies of your choice along with the cottage cheese.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 200 gm paneer cubes
- 1 big onion cut into thin slices
- 5-6 curry leaves broken
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh sterilized milk
- 1 tsp ghee
- Salt to taste
For making hyderabadi masala you need:
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 5-6 cashew nuts
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 dried red chillies
How to make Hyderabadi Paneer:
- Melt about 1/4 tsp ghee in a pan and add all the ingredients for making hyderabadi masala. Leave to cool and then grind to make a smooth masala.
- Now heat the pan and add remaining ghee.
- Add curry leaves and slices of onion.
- Add little bit of salt and fry until onion turn light golden.
- Add grounded masala and all the remaining spices.
- Also add milk at this time.
- Stir and leave to boil for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Now add fried paneer and lemon juice, mix well.
- Add fresh cream and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot with roti or naan.
- You can add chopped tomatoes, capsicum etc for more flavors.
- This hyderabadi masala can be used for making other gravy recipes, also you can use it for making non-veg dishes.
- Fried paneer can also be used.